Greatwell Homes has a legal duty to check and service the gas installation in your home every year, even if you don’t have or use any gas appliances. Faulty gas fittings or pipework can be dangerous, so it is important that you let the gas engineer into your home to carry out the service and checks. If you do not allow access, we may have to take legal action to gain access and carry out the work.
If you smell gas:
- Call Cadent immediately for free on 0800 111 999
- Put out any cigarettes or other naked flames
- Open doors and windows to let the gas escape
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter, if you know how
- Do not use electrical switches, as the spark could ignite the gas
What we need from you!
Never try to fit, remove or repair a gas appliance yourself. This must be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Allow our contractors (Bridge Heating) to enter your home to carry out an annual gas safety check. (This is part of your tenancy agreement and denying access could result in future action being taken).
Never use a gas appliance if you think it is not working properly.
Never cover an appliance or block air vents or obstruct any fixed grilles or airbricks.
For information on leaking pipes or how to bleed a radiator, please see our Maintenance Tips.