Please note that we cannot reply to your message here. If you have a question or query please go to the contact page.

Skip to main content

No one will lose their Greatwell Homes tenancy because of coronavirus

We understand and appreciate that many families and households are extremely concerned about their financial security and the ability to pay their rent due to lost and reduced earnings as a result of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

At this time, there are no plans by the Government to stop or suspend payments for social rent.

However, we want to assure you that we will not be taking any legal action or making any evictions as a result of the coronavirus.

Where people can continue to pay their rent, you can still do this by our online portal where you can pay a one-off payment or set up a direct debit.


What if I can’t pay my rent?

If you lose your income, or have a significant loss of earnings, you must apply for Universal Credit (UC) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you are ill.

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) have made the process of claiming benefits easier through this period. You can find more information here.

To find more information about the changes to Universal Credit regarding coronavirus, you can do so here.


How can we help?

Our professional and dedicated Income Recovery Team are here to help you to claim the correct benefits and help you manage and pay your bills.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your rent by emailing or calling 01933 234450.

You can find more useful information and FAQs here.

Translate »