Please note that we cannot reply to your message here. If you have a question or query please go to the contact page.

Skip to main content

How do I apply for wet rooms, stairs lifts and other adaptations to my home?

This process is managed by North Northamptonshire Council. To apply for an adaptation for your home you will need to contact community occupational health to carry out an assessment.

You can self-refer here. If you need assistance with this, please contact us.

The Occupational Therapist then will submit the referral to us. The Council will then carry out a feasibility study and collect some more information from you to establish your eligibility. If eligible you will need to apply for a disabled facility grant (North Northamptonshire Council will provide the form).

We may contact you to discuss the possibility of moving to a more suitable property rather than undertaking the proposed works.

Once a disabled facilities grant is approved we will jointly manage the process with the local authority drawing up a works specification and undertaking a tendering process.