Financial Support, Grants & Schemes

The rise in cost of living, fuel and energy bills has affected everyone, especially those with lower incomes. However, there are many companies who offer financial support, as well as monetary grants and funds.


TURN2US – Search for a grant

If you can’t claim welfare benefits because of your status in the UK, this doesn’t stop you from applying for a charitable fund. Turn2us allows you to search for a grant that you don’t have to pay back. Search for a grant or charitable fund here.


SSAFA – support for ex-service personnel

Whilst also supporting people who have physical and/or emotional issues, SSAFA can also help support ex-service personnel with financial support. You can find more information here.


British Gas Energy Trust

The British Gas Energy Trust can provide funds to help you clear your gas and/or energy bills, no matter who your supplier is. They can also offer further advice on reducing your energy usage. Find more information on The British Gas Energy Trust here.

British Gas have also put together a checklist of links to extra tools, resources and information that can help you to find additional help and support. You can find the BGET/Income Max Bounce Back Checklist here.


E.ON Next Energy Fund

The E.ON Next Energy Fund was created to help support their customers (including Sainsbury Energy) who are experiencing financial hardship. This fund offers help with paying your gas and electricity bills through grants and can also provide a replacement appliance such as a cooker, fridge, fridge-freezer or washing machine if yours has broken or poor condition. Find out more here.


Octopus Energy

Octopus Energy offers financial assistance to their customers who may need more support. You can find out more here.


EDF Energy Customer Support Fund

The EDF Energy Customer Support Fund gives grants and financial support to their customers struggling with energy debt. It can help with electricity or gas bill debts, and provide essential white goods such as a fridge or cooker. Find out more here.


Need help with benefits, energy costs or general cost of living?

Get in touch and we will do everything we can to help. Whether it’s giving you advice on what benefits you can claim or pointing you to the best place to find the cheapest energy provider. We work with many charities and organisations who are there to provide support, especially in these particularly difficult times.