Saving money on your bills
1. Get a smart meter
Smart meters are the new generation of gas and electricity meters and replace older energy meters, including prepayment meters.
There main purpose is to cut down energy usage and save you money!
What are the benefits of a smart meter?
- You will only be charged for what you use – say goodbye to estimated billing!
- You can easily track your costs and usage, allowing you to cut back on usage and save you money.
- They give you a near real-time information of your energy use.
- They are 100% free to have!
- They work in prepayment or credit mode.
If you’re a prepayment customer, having a smart meter will allow you to;
- Top up your meter in new and more flexible ways, such as via your phone, so you don’t have to visit a shop.
- See your balance on your in-home display so you won’t unknowingly run out of credit.
- Set your meter to automatically top-up, so you won’t be left without power if you run out of credit.
How do I get a smart meter?
All you need to do is contact your energy supplier and they will be able to install and provide you with a smart meter for free of charge.
2. Switch your energy provider with Energy Angels
Energy Angels will be able to provide you with a free price comparison service and find you the cheapest energy supplier.
20% of all users of Energy Angels save £280 or more over the last 60 days.