Property Maintenance Apprentice
- Reference Number: VAC1000133651
- Expiry Date: 20230328000000
- Location: Wellingborough
- Salary: £19,760.00
You will be learning new skills in all aspects of maintenance, which will include a full range of customer focused high-quality repairs, maintenance and improvement works to Greatwell Homes’ tenanted and void properties. Skills include plumbing, maintenance, tiling, painting, decorating, carpentry, electrical and more.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To undertake a range of general repairs and maintenance tasks within occupied and void properties, using multiple trades and skills, ensuring work is completed to a high standard. This may include but is not limited to; carpentry, plumbing works, plastering, wall tiling, general repairs etc.
- To undertake training and development as part of the Apprenticeship.
- To provide and promote high quality customer care to all Greatwell Homes customers, ensuring key communication with customers is conducted to keep them up to date on work progress.
- Use a hand held personal digital assistant (PDA) for all jobs issued.
- Ensure the effective use of all materials making sure any unused materials are returned to van stock.
- Complete detailed and accurate risk assessments before completing any works.
- Ensure all appointments made are met and completed correctly first time wherever possible, ensuring cost-effective repairs and value for money.
- Make sure all properties are left safe, clean and tidy following any works, treating all properties, customers and their belongings with respect.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles ensuring they are in a safe, roadworthy condition at all times. Keep the vehicle clean and tidy and ensure compliance with all vehicle safety checks each day, recording mileage and fuel usage efficiently. Reporting any faults or defects.
- Maintain all company tools and equipment, carrying out the required checks and reporting any faults or defects.
- Wear the corporate uniform and any personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
- Communicate effectively with other Operatives, contractors, associated employees, your mentor, coach and any other representatives from the training provider.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your training will be provided by both your Employer and Grey Seal Academy. All training is delivered face to face at the workplace either on site or videoconferencing; this includes x1 training session and x1 coaching session per month. You will have access to an online portfolio and virtual learning environment to assist your training and assessment during your programme.
During the Apprenticeship you will learn the following topics:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and reporting procedures of a property maintenance operative
- Health and safety in property maintenance
- Apply customer service in property maintenance
- Carrying out painting and tiling tasks
- Plan and carry out preventative property maintenance
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs
- Carry out electrical testing and repairs
- Understand and maintain heating ventilation and air conditioning plant
- Internal and External Building Fabric Maintenance
- Understand energy, environment and sustainable practices within property maintenance
- Control of property maintenance related resources and equipment
- Working with external contractors
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship you will gain the following qualifications and Standard:
- Property Maintenance Operative Level 2
- Functional Skills in Mathematics Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
- Functional Skills in English Level 1 / 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, the Employer may wish to maintain your employment on a permanent basis.
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 2) Desired