Trainee Tree Surgeon/Estate Operative
- Reference Number: WELKC339703
- Expiry Date: 20180928120000
- Location: Sheep Street, Wellingborough
- Salary: £19,800 rising to £22,000 after 1 year
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee tree surgeon to join our Estate Services Team within Greatwell Homes. The role once achieved relevant qualifications will involve working in a team undertaking a wide variety of tree work including ground based chainsaw work, aerial tree surgery, pruning, identifying trees and shrubs, the successful applicant will also undertake a wide range of general caretaking duties including minor internal and external property repairs, waste collection, removal and clearing, cleaning and preparing a range of properties for occupation and the on going cleaning and tidying of the internal communal areas, walkways and communal external landscaped areas. As well as developing, maintaining and improving communal grassed and landscaped areas and individual residential garden care and maintenance.
To be considered for this post you must be able to demonstrate in your application:
• Some experience in residential and/or parks & gardens maintenance OR experience of residential and/or commercial buildings maintenance
• Proven track record of complying with safe systems of work in areas accessible to the general public and the use of personal protective equipment.
• A proven track record of working as a team player
• Some experience of working within a customer focused environment.
• A proven track record of being at ease in a working environment where the priorities and tasks allocated change, sometimes at short notice, on a day to day basis;
• Some experience in the safe operation of commercial electrical and mechanical grounds maintenance equipment.
• Your physical fitness and strength should be such that you can lift awkward and heavy items [subject to any reasonable adjustments].
• Must have and maintain a valid vehicle driving licence for the UK.
This is an annualised hours contract. An average working week is based on 37 hours (net) per week. You will be expected to work a certain number of hours over the year (37*52 = 1924) but your working hours may vary from week to week and from season to season
Typically working hours fall within the framework Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17.30 but to meet operational needs you may reasonably be required to work outside of these hours (for example some weeks in the summer months you may be asked to work 5 or 6 days over 7 whereas in the winter months some weeks you might work 3 or 4 days over 5).
In return you will benefit from 23 days annual leave (increasing to 28 days with service), free gym membership, access to a staff discount portal and health cash plan, as well as a choice of pension schemes.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile with Greatwell Homes’ careers page. You can find this vacancy at:
CLOSING DATE: Your online application must be submitted by 12pm on Friday 28 September 2018