Greatwell Places work hard to make sure that your communities are well looked after.
- Cleaning communal areas, such as grassed areas and communal hallways
- Looking after communal gardens
- Window cleaning of communal areas
- Removing litter and bulky waste from land owned by Greatwell Homes
- Dealing with graffiti
- Making sure that fire safety equipment is in good working order
- Maintain communal grassed areas and areas within Greatwell Homes’ ownership
- Prune shrubs when appropriate
- Weed hard paved areas (such as parking bays) and remove any litter
- Remove rubbish from grassed areas and gardens
- Carry out minor pruning to trees
- Carry out major work to trees when health and safety regulations recommend that we do so. (please note: we will not remove a tree for blocking light. For more information on tree maintenance, find our Tree Survey and Maintenance 5 Year Plan, here.)
- Remove graffiti within 10 working days of it being reported and remove offensive graffiti within 24 hours of it reported
- Tell you how best to get rid of unwanted furniture and white goods such as washing machines and fridges
- Remove illegally dumped furniture or white goods within 10 working days of being told about it
- Report and arrange for repairs to be taken out to communal areas as soon as we become aware of them
- Regularly inspect estates during estate walkabouts and record our checks
- Help individual customers and community groups to deal with community issues
- Clean all communal areas and windows at regular intervals
- Vacuum carpets and mop vinyl floors
- Clean hard surfaces such as window frames and skirting boards
- Clear litter from inside the block and the entrance area
- Regularly test and maintain fire alarms
- Complete monthly inspections of communal areas
Please note that we only maintain areas that are owned by Greatwell Homes.
We also do not accept responsibility to damage of flower beds, planted by customers in the communal areas. These areas need to be protected by a secure border.
Land ownership queries
If you have any queries on who owns what part of your community, we have a system that shows you what parts of land we own including trees and garages. You can also see where flytip has been reported in the past.
Find our Estates Map User Guide here.