The last couple of months has challenged us all in many ways. We have seen a lot of change in our day to day lives, and Greatwell Homes is included in that. We have had to make changes to the way our staff work and how we provide services to you, whilst ensuring that you, your families, and homes are safe.
Throughout this difficult time, we are proud to say that we have given welfare calls to over 1,000 of our most vulnerable customers; checking that they’re ok, signposting them to organisations that can help them and just have a chat to those who may have been lonely during lockdown. We know that this made a positive impact on many of these customers and as a result, have received some lovely comments.
In 2019, before knowing what was around the corner, we invested in technology to enable our staff to work in a more agile way, especially being more visible within your communities to spend more time working with you, our customers. Once the social restrictions came into place in March this year, our investment in technology helped us massively with the transition to this ‘new normal’ and with little disruption.
It’s important for us to think about the future, and what we want our own ‘new normal’ to look like whilst ensuring that our services remains as efficient as they can be and that the safety of our customers and staff remains our highest priority.
But what will our ‘new normal’ look like?
Below are statements that will shape what our business will look like in the future…
- We ensure our customer’s, community’s and colleague’s wellbeing is promoted and that they feel listened to and empowered
- We are fully committed to diversity, equality and inclusion
- We are innovative, creative and passionate in working for our customers
- We use resources carefully making sure core services are deliver really well
- We strive to work in an agile and efficient way using data and digital technologies to help us do this
- We are collaborative where we can achieve better outcomes and value for money
But above all, our main priority will always be the safety of you, your families, your homes and our staff.
We want to thank every single one of you for your understanding and patience during this time and over the next couple of months whilst we work to get 100% of our services back up and running. We do really appreciate it.