Coronavirus: Our services
Last updated: 5th August 2020
As a result of the coronavirus outbreak, we have had to make the difficult decision to reduce our services to ensure that you, your families, your homes and our staff are as safe as possible.
As Government restrictions start to be lifted, we will start to resume some of our services when it is safe to do so. You can find below what services we have resumed and updates on services that are still postponed.
We know that there are very difficult times, but we hope that you understand that our staff are working hard to ensure you receive safely, the best possible services during this time.
What maintenance services are we providing?
- Working through the backlog of routine repairs that we had booked in before services stopped
- Communal cleaning in our Independent Living Schemes
- Emergency repairs
- Accepting bookings for roofing repairs
- Estates maintenance such as grass cutting
- Works in our empty properties
- Gas servicing
- Removal of fly-tipping
- Fire risk assessments
- Routine gas repairs (pre-booked appointments)
- Heating installations
- Letting our empty garages
What virtual services are we providing?
- Answering your enquiries through our call centre
- The online portal which allows you to pay rent and update your information
- Rent collection and debt/benefit advice
- Frequent calls with Independent Living customers
- Welfare checks via phone of other vulnerable customers living in general needs
- Tenancy management issues including handling of anti-social behaviour cases
What other services are we providing?
- Lettings of temporary accommodation properties to help tackle homelessness
- Letting homes and sign up of new tenancies
To keep our customers and staff safe we are asking you to contact us if you have contracted any symptoms or have been tested positive for Coronavirus and have received a visit within the last 14 days from one of our operatives/subcontractors.
Coronavirus and your tenancy
We also want to reassure you that no one will lose their Greatwell Homes tenancy because of coronavirus. We understand and appreciate that many families and households are extremely concerned about their financial security and the ability to pay their rent due to lost and reduced earnings as a result of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). You can find out more information on how we can assist you here.
Our Independent Living customers
For the safety of both our customers and staff, face-to-face visits to our Independent Living customers will not be happening for the foreseeable future and the communal lounges remain closed. All customers, however, living in our Independent Living schemes, no matter what level of care they usually receive, will receive via a telephone call three welfare checks a week during this time, unless you ask us not to.
We know that not having face-to-face visits isn’t ideal but limiting the spread of coronavirus at this time is critical. What we want to do is to only charge a flat rate fee of £10 a week during this time whilst we are only operating a telephone call only service.
Complaints regarding to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are sure you understand that all decisions that we are making at this time are in response to the Government and Public Health instructions and that we are operating with the health and safety of our customers and employees at the forefront of all we do.
Whilst we appreciate customer feedback, complaints and concerns on the decisions we have made to our service delivery in response to the coronavirus outbreak, we would ask for your support and understanding during these challenging and unprecedented times.
You can find the Government’s advice and response to the Coronavirus outbreak here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.